With a new year comes new trends, and right now Interior Design experts around the world are all busy trying to anticipate what the big home decoration trends for 2014 will be. We’ve sifted through the web and magazines for some clues as to what could become the hottest trends for this year, and after some thoughts and discussions we nailed it down to these 7 top trends.
1. Turquoise – the colour spectrum of 2014 seems to be dominated by turquoise, the colour adds a bit of a Medditeranian feel to the home and lightens up any dull looking room! Find out more about this trend here.
2. Mirrors and reflections – it feels like a somewhat narcissistic trend that this year we will see even more of ourselves, bye-bye 2013 selfies and hello 2014 mirrors everywhere!
3. Brass – This will be a popular material this year, mostly common in the kitchen but can also be used for lamps and even bathtubs! FInd out more about this trend here.
4. Light woods – After all it’s almost spring, and we are all looking forward to some warmer temperatures.. So why not prepare for it with lighter decorations! Chestnut is one of the favourites this season.
5. Patterns – This year we will see a lot of patterns, and patterns mixed with other patterns. 2014 there are no longer any rules, just go crazy and mix all your favourites!
6. Pineapples – Pineapples has been on the map for quite some time in the fashion world and now they have also entered the interior decorations world, prepare to see more of this yummy fruit.
7. Ethnical prints – Bringing a sense of being abroad into your home becomes popular this year according to the experts as ethnical prints and fabrics become a popular addition in our homes. Find out more about this trend here.